71: Into the Fire - A Must Watch Movie


71: Into the Fire is a 2010 Korean war film led by two of the greatest actors in Korea Kwon Sang Woo, as the rebellious guy and T.O.P, as the captain of the student soldier, together with Cha Seung-Won and Kim Seung Woo. The lead roles were originally casted to Kim Beom and Yoo Seung-Ho but for some reason, the roles were given to Kwon Sang Woo and T.O.P. Anyways, I believe they have performed their roles pretty well which made the movie really great. 

This heart-breaking movie was based on the 71 students who fought against hundreds of North Korean soldiers during the Korean war on August 11, 1950. Mere students as they were, they protected the Pohang Girls Middle School, where they were ordered to, and held back the enemies for 11 hours. They were scared to death as the war started but kept on fighting in order to live. It is a must-watch movie and I already had it listed in my FAVORITE MOVIES LIST. 

As I was watching at the earlier part of the movie, I had this realization that soldiers who went to wars might have thought that their enemies were wicked evil but the truth is their enemies also thought the same way as they did. I believe that most of the soldiers from both parties, if not all, especially those who only followed orders didn't really fight for their countries but for their lives. They fought in order to survive, to be able to see and hug their loved ones again, and to live as a man once again. Well, I am not saying that they were selfish and all and that they never thought about their countries. I just believe that the first thing they have in mind was  to survive. Dying for the country is, I think, the last thing they have in mind. Of course, we have great people in this world who could die for someone, for the country, and I really admire them a lot. Dying over the want and need to survive is very courageous and rewarding. Okay, I guess I'm talking a lot here. Watch this movie and you're time wouldn't be wasted. 

Thanks for reading. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a track and leave a comment.